(Full-Time or Reduced Hours available)
WHAT WILL YOU DO at JSP?
Contribute to the client service team with quality work in a time
efficient manner while delivering top notch, attentive service that we are committed to as a team.
- Review business and individual tax returns
- Prepare high level tax returns, including state returns; signs completed tax returns
- Interview clients to obtain information for tax returns or other projects
- Review tax accruals; attend meetings with auditors regarding tax issues
- Manage client relationships by monitoring client needs, building value into professional service
- Evaluate the costs, benefits and risks of alternative solutions to client problems or needs
- Perform tax research and other special projects as they occur
- Provide feedback in order to develop the tax practice
- Capitalize on personal and professional experiences in order to develop business and practice lines
- Participate in the management team, bringing ideas and feedback in supporting the firm's strategic plan, and being involved with firm committees
- Supervise and delegate duties to supervisors, senior staff and staff
- Provide mentoring and technical training for employees in the tax department and participates in performance reviews
- Perform client manager duties including billing and collection efforts for book of business clients
- Participate in the area of business development, including outside marketing efforts and preparing proposals
- Participate in community organizations and industry functions
- Demonstrate competencies in accordance with career development
- Able to work excess hours in periods throughout the year, specifically from January 15 to April 15 and August 15 to October 15 which may be in excess of 60 hours per week
- Prompt and dependable attendance
- Achieve your annual charge hour goal of 1,500 hours
WHY WORK at JSP?
We love to throw in a good perk, or two, or three, or more because we are invested in YOU! We offer EXCELLENT benefits that are an integral part of the total competitive compensation package.
- 6 weeks compensated time off (CTO) annually; paid holidays
- Insurance (Medical, dental, vision and group term life); benefits to PT employees
- 401(k) Plan, with match
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- Continuing professional education and professional licensing
- Relocation expenses are negotiable
WHAT WILL YOU BRING to JSP?
A Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or other closely related field. Minimum of 7 years of public accounting with experience of the above responsibilities and a valid Certified Public Accountant license.
- Extensive knowledge of tax accounting principles and IRS regulations
- Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking skills
- Skills in networking and developing business
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Ability to multi task with multiple projects
- Meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Proficiency using tax software, Engagement, Excel, Word and Outlook